Your Financial Planner In Strange Places
Financial Planner 101
Personal image is everything when it comes to choosing a financial planner. You struggled and worked hard to save enough money to retire; you don’t want to lose one cent of it due to sloppy follow through on your part.
Do Your Homework
Like any other profession there’s good and bad, a financial planner is no different. When you set out to find one be sure to put them through the paces. Interview them and observe them very carefully.
- Check out their office. Is it clean and up to date? Is their desk messy and unorganized?
- Are they dressed appropriately?
- Would you introduce them to your mother?
- Would you refer them?
- Do they offer good financial advice or do they just do what you tell them to do?
- Are they a good listener?
- Do they answer your questions no matter how silly they are or do they evade the question?
- Are they prompt?
- Do they make you wait?
- Do they give you their undivided attention or do they take phone calls during your appointment?
- Do their manners measure up to your standards?
- Do they have an office staff or are they a one-man-show?
- Is their staff respectful?
- Do you trust them?
- Do you feel comfortable talking with them?